LLUM BCN 2020: BARCELONA LIGHT FESTIVAL TAKES OVER POBLENOU YET AGAIN
Barcelona’s Light Festival is returning for its 9th edition! Starting this Friday, February 14th, Llum BCN will turn Poblenou into a huge, open-air exhibition for artists, designers and architects who use light as a creative medium.
This year, there are 23 participants including prestigious international artists such as Luke Jerram, United Visual Artists, Kurt Hentschläger and Antoni Arola. Students from Barcelona’s art, design, lighting and architecture schools will also be taking part in the event.
LLUM BCN 2020 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Where: Poblenou (Line 1: Marina or Glòries; Line 4: Bogatell or Llacuna)
When: February 14-15, 19:00-24:00; February 16, 19:00-23:00
Cost: Free access to all spaces
Information point: Reception at lower level of Museu de Disseny HUB Barcelona
To view the official map with a list of the festival’s installations, click here.
From February 14th at 6pm through February 19th at 11:59pm, sharing your photos of Llum BCN on Instagram may win you a prize!
If you’d like to take part in the contest, it’s really simple! All you have to do is tag your photos of Llum BCN 2020 on Instagram with the hashtag: #LlumBCN20!
There are three prizes for the most original photographs:
- 1st prize: Barcelona Cultura backpack made out of recycled banners + card holder + portable mobile phone charger
- 2nd prize: Barcelona Cultura notebook made from recycled canvas + portable mobile phone charger
- 3rd prize: laptop sleeve + card holder + Barcelona Cultura notebook made from recycled canvas + portable mobile phone charger
Jury members from the Institut de Cultura will be in charge of picking the three most original photos.
VAN VAN LLUM
The Llum BCN 2020 festival will be offering food service as well! You can find the Van Van Llum food trucks at the following locations:
- Corner of C/ Pere IV and C/ d’Àvila
- C/ Sancho de Ávila (between C/ Ciutat de Granada and C/ Roc Boronat)
Llum BCN is a fun, memorable event that you won’t want to miss! Enjoy the show!
By EMILY BENSON
Photos by ISABEL TROYA